1. Install Suse Linux Enterprise Server with LAMP (Select from package), apache2-mod_auth_mysql, php5_mysql, ph5-gd, php5-mbstring (Select by searching mysql, gd, mbstring) ; start /etc/init.d/apache2
2. /etc/init.d/mysql start; mysqladmin -u root password 'blogp' ; mysqladmin -h localhost -u root -pblogp create ashish; [Here blogp is password for user root]
3. Untar drupal inside /srv/www/drupal6.11; copy htdocs to htdocs_default and rename drupal6.11 to htdocs; So no change required in Apache.
4. cd /srv/www/htdocs/sites/default/; cp default.settings.php settings.php; chmod 777 settings.php; mkdir files; chmod 777 files/;
4. start /etc/init.d/apache2 and Open in browser
5. Provide databasename as ashish, user as root and password as blogp.
6. chmod 644 settings.php;
7. Continue Configuration of Drupal, Provide admin user name and password. (This can be different from that from mysql root user).
8. Open your website
Note: This installation is for Local Intranet; Please Change permissions in sites/default directory; (I do not have much idea on that). Also To configure mysql, You may use and other user other than root.
I had got this error: "Your web server does not appear to support any common database types". This was due to php5_mysql was not installed.